Job Code: DA2201
Data Scientist m/f/t – BeeBI Consulting
Start: Asap, full time, permanent
Your future plans
- Guide a team of highly skilled Data Scientists from diverse backgrounds like statistics, mathematics, economics and computer science in developing and factorizing complex data science solutions.
- Support the analysis of stakeholder objectives, assess the problems to be solved and what internal or external data sources to use or acquire.
- Specify and apply appropriate mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques to analyze data, generate insights, create value and support decision-making.
- Design, code, verify, test, document, amend and refactor complex programs/scripts and engage in mutual code reviews.
- Seek to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring our data science solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Support the review of the benefits and value of our data science solutions and recommend improvements.
- Actively contribute to our Communities of Practice and knowledge sharing events and thereby shape our analytics policies, standards and guidelines.
Your powerful skills
- Good communication skills and good stakeholder management experiences
- Highly numerate with strong attention to details
- Experience in statistics / statistical inference, econometrics and time-series modelling and know-how about the potential benefits and limitations of forecasting models.
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning (in particular tree-based models, NLP, image processing) and strong in exploratory data analysis and feature engineering.
- Python and its state-of-the art analytical libraries (e.g., pandas, scikit-learn, PySpark, plotly) are your second nature. Hands-on experience in Deep Learning (TensorFlow, PyTorch) is not a must but would be a plus. Solid knowledge of R (including tidyverse) is an advantage.
- You are set up for success if you effortlessly work in a Jupyterlab/ Notebook environment and know how to use Bitbucket/ GIT for version control and collaborative coding. Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem/ cloud environments would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and the ability to efficiently query large databases (e.g., via SQL, Hue, Spark).
- You know what it takes to factorize data science solutions as you stick to basic software engineering principles (e.g., integration/ unit testing) and are familiar with the concept of continuous integration and the use of Jenkins.
- You have a proven track record in building (demand) forecasting models or one of our other focus areas (i.e., recommender and ranking systems, website personalization, search engine optimization, image processing, social media listening, customer lifetime value).
- You know the principles of agile development and have already worked as a member of an agile development team.
Your technical skills
- Proficiency in data science methods (including supervised techniques, unsupervised techniques, recommender systems)
- Experience in developing and running simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools to support decision making
- Proficiency in at least two of the standard data science programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Java, Scala, Octave)
- Solid understanding of relational databases and NoSQL databases. Experience working with Databricks preferred
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) required to scale and sustain use cases in a large and global corporation
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of experiment design & analysis
Your language skills
- Advanced level English in speaking, reading and writing
- Good to have a good level of German
Advantageous, but not a must
- Working knowledge using Azure Data Bricks
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Econometrics, or related field with a strong quantitative focus (Mathematics/Physics)
Benefits you can rely on
Reliably powering the future calls for excellent employment conditions. For example, working in one of the most interesting business contexts – a mixture of Retail, Telco, Automotive, trading and of course IT. You will evolve your skills together with us. We offer comprehensive on-the-job learning as well as support from internal experts to develop your existing skills even further. You will have flexible working opportunities or part time working and will be working in an agile team on things that matter in an ever changing environment.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and add the Job Code (DA2201) to the Subject Area.